Workforce Continuing Education (non-degree) Virtual Open House
Learn about Wake Tech's short-term, non-degree training and resources!
Workforce Continuing Education is Awesome!
Wake Tech is your training hub for every job in town. We offer a variety of non-degree, short-term programs in IT, healthcare, hospitality, skilled trades, and other areas to get you into the workforce quickly. Non-degree programs include English as a Second Language, high school equivalency preparation, small business support, and courses for personal enrichment.
Workforce Continuing Education (non-degree) vs. Curriculum (degree) programs. What's the difference?
Which area of Wake Tech is the right place to find the training and resources you need? Where do you start?
Watch this video for an explanation about the differences between degree and non-degree training, and how they work together to help you reach your goals.
Workforce Virtual Open House Presentation Recordings
Job Seeker Presentations
Job Skills that ALL Employers Desire
Learn to Thrive in Your Career! Fee Waived Courses for Workplace Success
Get Your Resume from the Robots into the Hands of a Human
Technology Skills for Workplace Effectiveness
Career Preparation Presentations
IT Careers: Kick-start a Path to Your Career
BioWork: Prepare for a Career in Biomanufacturing
Basic law Enforcement Training (BLET)
9-1-1 Telecommunicator Academy
The Road to Vocational Training Certifications
Barber and Beauty "Shop Talk"
Apprenticeships, Scholarships, and Small Business Support
WakeWorks® Propel: Funding Your Career Preparation
Resources to Start Your Business
Plus 50 Presentations
The Answer to a Sustainable Future and Surviving a Pandemic
Retirement Planning: Why It's Different for Women
Road to Retirement
Secure Act and the Changes to Retirement Accounts
Strategies to Optimize Your Social Security Benefits
Presentations En Español
Certificaciones de Educación Continua y Entrenamiento Vocacional
¿Ha Pensado Alguna Vez en Explorar la Cultura de Belleza?
View the latest Workforce Continuing Education Course Digest magazine, which highlights the wide range of non-degree training programs and resources offered to students.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Need a little more information about non-degree programs? Browse our website to learn about...
- Prep courses for certificates in Information Technology, Healthcare, Public Safety, Hospitality, and more
- Fee-waived courses about job search techniques and career exploration for those who are unemployed, underemployed, or returning to the workforce
- Completing your high school credential; English as a second language (ESL) training – and what comes after
- Financial resources for non-traditional students, through the Workforce Continuing Education Career Pathways Program & Student Resources
- Advice and training to help you start and grow your business
- Learning a new language, improving your personal finances, or just taking classes for fun
- Courses taught bilingually in English and Spanish
- Courses taught online