Wake Tech and William Peace University Announce New Academic Partnership
RALEIGH, N.C. (September 9, 2020) - Wake Technical Community College (WTCC) and William Peace University (WPU) are proud to announce a new academic partnership.
The new initiative combines previous individual program articulation agreements into a single, comprehensive umbrella agreement, offering a simplified transfer process for graduates of Wake Tech’s Associate in Applied Science degree programs in Business Administration, Business Analytics, Criminal Justice Technology, Health and Fitness Science, and Simulation and Game Development who wish to continue their education and earn a bachelor’s degree in corresponding programs at William Peace University.
These AAS pathways, along with pathways under the statewide comprehensive articulation agreement, allow students to achieve their career aspirations, and are part of a continued commitment by both institutions to foster supportive programs that enhance educational opportunities.
“We are proud to once again partner with Wake Technical Community College,” offers Dr. Brian C. Ralph, President of WPU. “It is one of the finest community colleges in the country and their graduates have proven to be excellent students here at William Peace University as they pursue their Bachelor's degree. This new collaborative agreement is laser focused on student success and helping talented
Wake Tech Community College graduates take the next step on their educational journey.”
Under this initiative, William Peace will seamlessly transfer a graduate’s credits from their AAS degree as well as additional general education. “We’re thrilled about this newly revised articulation agreement with William Peace University,” says Wake Tech President Dr. Scott Ralls. “In addition to degree credit transfer, WTCC graduates entering WPU under this agreement may take additional general education courses at Wake Tech and transfer those to WPU. This will allow for a lower cost to complete the baccalaureate degree and, depending on the student’s schedule, could shorten the time to graduation.”
As part of its commitment to WTCC students, WPU has also established the William Peace Pathways scholarship to encourage and reward Wake Tech graduates who intend to pursue their bachelor’s degree at the university. This scholarship enhances the transfer process for these students and enables them to receive up to $19,000 in scholarship based on academic achievements. “We are excited to welcome as well as support them with our William Peace Pathways Scholarship, which is exclusively for Wake Tech graduates,” emphasized Dr. Ralph.
Programs included in the new articulation agreement are:
- WTCC’s Associate in Applied Science, Business Administration – General Business concentration to WPU’s Bachelor of Science, Business Administration.
- WTCC’s Associate in Applied Science, Business Analytics to WPU’s Bachelor of Science, Business Analytics.
- WTCC’s Associate in Applied Science, Criminal Justice Technology to WPU’s Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice.
- WTCC’s Associate in Applied Science, Health and Fitness Science to WPU’s Bachelor of Science, Exercise and Sport Science.
- WTCC’s Associate in Applied Science, Health and Fitness Science to WPU’s Bachelor of Arts, Sport and Fitness Studies.
- WTCC’s Associate in Applied Science, Simulation and Game Development – Programming Track to WPU’s Bachelor of Arts, Simulation and Game Design.
- WTCC’s Associate in Applied Science, Simulation and Game Development – Arts Track to WPU’s Bachelor of Arts, Simulation and Game Design.
To learn more about the Transfer Articulation Agreement and the degree completion plan specific to each of the noted programs, please visit: https://peace.edu/admissions-aid/apply/transfer-readmission- students/transfer-articulation-agreements/.
To learn more about transfer opportunities for Wake Tech graduates, visit http://transfer.waketech.edu.