Students and Employees Recognized for Excellence
RALEIGH, N.C. (April 24, 2019) - Wake Tech Community College recognized 25 students, faculty, and staff at its annual Excellence Awards – held tonight in the Student Services Building on the Southern Wake Campus. President Scott Ralls gave out awards for service and dedication, as well as other special awards for outstanding contributions to the college.
Two staff members received the Excellence in Leadership Award:
- Anna Clay McAdams, Career and Employment Services
- Carlos McCormick, Instructional Support
One staff member received the Excellence in Executive Leadership Award:
- Matt Smith, College Development
Five staff members received the Excellence in Service Award:
- Samantha Brown, Education Services and Technology
- Ashley Douglass, Curriculum Education Services
- Ian Gibbons, Career and Employment Services
- Ben Jenkins, Information Technology Services
- Savannah Vince, Workforce Continuing Education
Eight faculty members received the Excellence in Teaching Award:
- Estelle Alston, Health Sciences
- Julie Evans, Computer Technologies
- William Graham, Professional Services and Vocational Training
- Christina Migielicz, Academic Success and Transition Resources
- Richard Moore, Applied Engineering and Technologies
- Tracie Rowe, Arts, Humanities and Social Services
- Julia Smith, Mathematics, Sciences and Engineering
- Eric Stopka, Business and Public Services Technologies
Three adjunct faculty members received the Excellence in Teaching Award:
- Paul Jones, Academic Success and Transition Resources
- Ginger Mann, Health Sciences
- Jan Santos, Mathematics, Sciences and Engineering
Each winner received a plaque and a cash award.
Three winners were given special awards: Traci Rowe was named Wake Tech’s Instructor of the Year, Jan Santos was named Adjunct Instructor of the Year, and Carlos McCormick was named Staff Member of the Year. They will represent Wake Tech at the statewide NCCCS Excellence Competition.
Six students received the Dwight O. Ryan Achievement Award:
- Benjamin Averitt, Applied Engineering and Technologies
- Benjamin Coleman, Mathematics, Sciences and Engineering
- Allison Donnenwirth, Computer Technologies
- Dayra Gonzalez, Business and Public Services Technologies
- Nicolle Lavertu, Health Sciences
- Alexandre Pennington, Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Alexander Pennington was named the 2019 Student of Academic Excellence.
Jacinta Allmond, Kristy O’Brien, Kathy Rusch, and Lori Woodruff received the 2019 Stephen C. Scott Family Applied Benchmarking of the Year Award.