In The Community
Wake Tech to Host Early Voting on Southern Wake Campus
RALEIGH, NC (September 25, 2018) - Wake Technical Community College has been selected by the Wake County Board of Elections to host an early voting site for the upcoming November 6 general election. The site, on Wake Tech’s Southern Wake Campus, will be open from Wednesday, October 17 through Saturday, November 3.
Wake Tech is one of nine early voting sites in the county.
Wake Tech Community College
Southern Wake Campus
Building N, Room 118
9101 Fayetteville Road
Raleigh, NC 27603
The schedule for the Wake Tech early voting site is:
- Wednesday, October 17 – Friday, October 19, 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 20, 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 21, 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 22 – Friday, October 26, 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 27, 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 28, 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 29 – Friday, November 2, 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 3, 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
The ballot will feature the Wake Tech bond referendum, which will provide $349 million to enable the college to train more health care workers, first responders, automotive technicians, and IT professionals. It will also provide infrastructure upgrades for safety and security college-wide. The Wake Tech bond is expected to be at the end of the ballot.
The voter registration deadline is Friday, Oct. 12, but those who miss that deadline may register and vote at any early voting site. College students may register and vote at the county/state of their home address or they may register and vote in the county/state where they are attending college. More information for college students can be found here.
For general information about early voting, visit https://www.waketech.edu/about-wake-tech/early-voting.