College Offers New Way to Tour
RALEIGH, N.C. (January 17, 2023) – When was the last time you visited a Wake Tech campus? If it’s been a while, you may not have seen the STEM Lab at the Scott Northern Wake Campus, the BioWork Lab at the RTP Campus, the Building Automation Lab at the Southern Wake Campus or the Mechatronics and Robotics Lab at the Beltline Education Center. But now, you can visit all these impressive facilities virtually, from the comfort of home!
The Wake Tech website features a new virtual tour that gives visitors instant access to six of the college's locations across Wake County. As North Carolina's largest community college, Wake Tech serves nearly 65,000 students every year in a variety of unique settings. The tour includes 30 learning facilities and gathering spaces and highlights the wealth of hands-on education and training opportunities the college offers. It also showcases the rich campus life available for students at Wake Tech, which includes clubs, sports, special events and leadership opportunities.
The Virtual Tour can be found on the admissions page and various program, service and location pages across the site.
"We're very excited to put this tour on the laptops of everyone who wants a closer look at Wake Tech," said Laurie Clowers, vice president of Communications and Marketing, "and we think visitors will be amazed at all that we have to offer. We are Wake County's community’s college, and we're so fortunate to have these unique facilities and opportunities in our backyard!"
Among the tour highlights:
- Southern Wake Campus
- Center for Building Technologies, including HVAC, electrical and other skilled trades labs
- Culinary Arts kitchen
- Cosmetology lab
- Library, CARE Center, Eagles Landing student lounge
- Scott Northern Wake Campus
- Hendrick Center for Automotive Excellence
- Baking & Pastry Arts kitchens
- STEM Lab
- Library, Lecture/Performance Hall, gymnasium
- RTP Campus
- Information Technology classrooms
- Lilly Science and Technology Center, including biotechnology labs and aseptic suite
- Perry Health Sciences Campus
- Nursing Simulation Suite
- Dental hygiene and dental assisting labs
- Imaging and other allied health labs
- Public Safety Education Campus
- Criminal Justice and Public Safety classrooms and labs
- Beltline Education Center
- WakeWorks Apprenticeship lab
- Mechatronics and Robotics lab
Plans are in the works to add more virtual destinations to the tour as they become available, including new state-of-the-art facilities opening soon at Wake Tech East in Wendell.
In addition to the new virtual tour, Wake Tech offers weekly in-person tours, as well as in-person and virtual information sessions. Open Houses are held each spring and fall. The next Open House is scheduled for Saturday, April 13, at the Scott Northern Wake and Perry Health Sciences campuses. More information about all these opportunities can be found at waketech.edu/visit.