Child Care Grant
The Child Care Funding program provides financial assistance for parents returning to school.
Students in College/University Transfer, associate’s degree, and diploma programs may apply. They must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the current academic year and must be eligible to receive the Pell Grant. Online-only students are not eligible for Child Care Funding.
Funding is limited; the program provides assistance for 8 to 12 students per year. Students with the greatest need will be served first. Eligibility criteria will be strictly enforced and may change without notice.
Application: FAFSA and Child Care Grant Application
Deadline: June 1, 2019
Award: Up to $650 per month
Eligibility Requirements/Responsibilities of the Student
- Single parent
- Homemaker (married) returning to school
- Demonstrated financial need and income eligible according to the guidelines below:
|Family Size||Total Family
|Maximum Annual Income|
These eligibility standards are adopted from the Child Care Services Income Eligibility Standards of Wake County Human Services. Students must:
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better and a cumulative completion ratio of 67% or better.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for 2019-2020 and be eligible to receive the Pell Grant.
- Be enrolled in a College/University Transfer, associate’s degree, or diploma program.
- Schedule an exit interview with child care coordinator when dropping a course or withdrawing from school.
- Report changes to name, address, or phone number to the child care funding coordinator within five days.
- Notify the child care funding coordinator if a child is absent for more than five days.
- Submit monthly attendance sheets documenting regular class attendance.
- Report for mid-semester and end-of-semester reviews.
To apply for the Child Care Funding program, download the application and submit requested documentation.
If after reviewing this information you wish to apply for the Child Care Grant, please download the application and submit all requested documentation.