Liberal Arts Division Policies
Enrolling in full classes
- Students will not be allowed to register for classes that are full.
- This policy is non-negotiable unless a student must graduate at the end of the current semester from Wake Tech. Potential Wake Tech graduates should obtain a graduation checklist from Academic Advising or from Self-Service documenting graduation readiness and present it to the dean or appropriate department head for consideration. Placement into a full class is not guaranteed even for graduates.
- Students should not approach faculty members to request to be added to full sections.
Adding classes after final day of registration
- Students will not be allowed to register for classes after the "last date to add a class" for the semester. For each semester, this date is posted in the Calendar tab on the college website.
- Per state and college policies, students must meet all course prerequisites prior to enrollment.
- Students who have not met prerequisites will either be dropped from the course before the semester begins or instructed to drop the course.
- Students will need to submit transcripts or grade reports showing proof of completed prerequisites to the division dean or appropriate department head to request the course registration override. (Official transcripts must be sent directly to the Admissions Office.)
Registering for more than 20 credit hours
- Students must submit the request to the division dean or division secretary.
- Approval is usually given only to potential graduates with high grade point averages.
- No student schedule time conflicts will be approved.
10% date of semester
- Per Wake Tech policy, students who do not attend a class by the 10% date of the semester will be dropped from the class.