- Wake Tech serves just over 70,000 students annually -- 30,781 students in degree programs and 39,314 students in non-degree programs.
- Wake Tech serves 1 in 10 Wake County adults.
- Wake Tech has 18,842 online students in degree programs – more than any community college in North Carolina.
- More than half (61%) of Wake Tech degree-seeking students take at least one online class.
- About 8,400 degree-seeking students are completely online.
- Wake Tech associate degree graduates who transfer to four-year universities in the UNC system out-perform native UNC juniors. (2.98 GPA vs. 2.96 GPA)
- 90% of Wake Tech associate degree graduates are either employed or still enrolled in higher education in North Carolina after one year.
- Wake Tech is the largest of North Carolina’s 58 community colleges.
- Second-largest undergraduate population of any college or university in NC.
- Largest online enrollment of North Carolina’s 58 community colleges.
- More than 200 associate degree, diploma, and certificate programs.
- More than 90 online associate degree, diploma, and certificate programs – more than any other community college in the U.S.
- More than 40 articulation partnerships with public and private universities.
- 100% of Wake Tech programs are transferable for further study.
- Wake Tech has one of the largest associate degree nursing programs in the region.
- Wake Tech trains the most first responders in NC.
- Average class size is 21:1.
- #1 Best Online Community College (Best Value Schools) and (College Consensus)
- #3 Best Graphic Design Associate Degrees (GradReports)
- #5 Best Nursing School in NC (RNCareers.org)
- #6 Best Nursing Associate Degree Schools in NC (NursingDegreeSearch.com)
- #7 Best Office Administration Programs (Best Value Schools)
- #8 Best Online Engineering and Architecture Programs (OnlineDegrees.com)
- An average of $3 billion is added annually to Wake County’s economy due to the activities of Wake Tech and its former students (Dr. Mike Walden, NCSU 2017).
- For every dollar students invest in their education at Wake Tech, they gain $2.80 in income over the course of their lives.
- For every dollar that the community invests in Wake Tech, the community will receive a cumulative value of $11.50 in benefits.