Mission, Vision, Values and Goals
Wake Technical Community College provides equitable access to education that transforms lives through economic mobility and personal fulfillment.
In pursuit of its mission, the college adheres to an open-door admissions policy by offering quality, accessible and affordable education opportunities to all adults regardless of age, sex, socioeconomic status, ethnic origin, race, religion or disability. To meet the needs of the citizens of Wake County, the college focuses on providing support services, resources, community outreach and partnerships; programs in basic skills development; vocational, technical and occupational training; and preparation to transfer to a four-year college or university.
We will reach students in every part of Wake County and rally around them to go as far as their dreams, talents and resilience take them.
- Equitable access – Students from underrepresented groups, including minority and low-income students, are able to enter Wake Tech programs and access the support services they need to be successful.
- Equitable outcomes – Students are successful regardless of their race, gender or socioeconomic status.
- Learning – Students gain the knowledge, skills and abilities they need for the labor market and transfer.
- Completion – Students complete vastly more degrees and other meaningful credentials at faster rates than in the past.
- Transfer – More students transfer with a credential in less time than in the past and earn bachelor's degrees.
- Labor market – Students find sustainable employment where they earn a living wage after completing a credential.
Wake Technical Community College will structure its operations, training and educational programs around the core values of accountability, respect, responsibility, critical thinking, communication and collaboration.
- Accountability is essential for an environment of learning. Those who are accountable stand by their words and actions, taking full responsibility for what they create and for what they contribute to the community.
- Respect is a prerequisite for enhancing learning. Community members who respect themselves and others help create a safe, yet open, climate of learning.
- Responsibility is the root of success. Students who assume personal responsibility for their education will reach their goals. Responsible students also make contributions to their communities.
- Critical thinking is the fundamental purpose of higher education. The ability to solve problems through the application of the appropriate skills is critical to all disciplines.
- Communication is increasingly the key competency for living and working in the information age. Communicating effectively in oral and written forms through traditional and new media is a powerful tool for personal and career success.
- Collaboration, by bringing together individual knowledge and talents, creates teams that are greater than the sum of their parts. Such teamwork maximizes benefits to individuals and the community.
ConnectWake Tech eNews
Wake Tech Podcast
Wake Tech Mobile App