Coursework may include transportation systems theory, braking system, climate control, design parameters, drivetrains, electrical/electronic systems, engine repair, engine performance, environmental regulations, materials, product finish, safety, steering/suspension, transmission/transaxles, and sustainable transportation, depending on the program major area chosen.
Graduates of this pathway should be prepared to take professional licensure exams, which correspond to certain programs of study, and to enter careers as entry-level technicians in the transportation industry.
Work-based learning (formerly Co-op) opportunities are available.
LIMITED ENROLLMENT PROGRAM
Heavy Equipment and Transport Technologies, Agricultural Systems Technology, Construction Systems Technology, and Heavy Equipment Operation, Management and Service are limited enrollment programs which have unique admission requirements, policies, procedures, schedules, and deadlines which are subject to change. Interested applicants for our limited enrollment programs should complete the entire application process including placement testing and review with an Academic Advisor. The Advisor will go over essential information and give you a Limited Enrollment Student Checklist which outlines and directs you to the next steps for limited enrollment programs. When meeting with your program advisors, be sure to bring your Limited Enrollment Student Checklist with you.
Interested applicants for any of our limited enrollment programs should contact Paige Kearns at [email protected].
ADMISSIONS: All HEATT programs have limited enrollment. Students can enter programs in the fall or spring semester, as follows:
- Complete the Application for Admission to Wake Tech online and follow application instructions, including requesting your high school and (if applicable) college transcripts and indicating the code or codes for your major on the application.
- Schedule placement testing, depending on your high school courses and GPA and your SAT or ACT scores.
- Meet with an advisor to review your placement test scores.
- Meet with the HEATT department head to verify program codes and selected pathway.
- Find out your start date. If the program you choose is full, the department head can recommend general education courses that can be taken until an opening occurs.
For more detailed admissions information, visit http://admissions.waketech.edu.