Future RTP Campus
10908 Chapel Hill Road
Morrisville, NC 27560
The RTP Campus is located on NC Highway 54 near I-540 in Morrisville, NC. Its next-generation learning environment will be dedicated to the needs of individuals and corporations in Western Wake County and Research Triangle Park. Plans for the 94-acre site include up to 10 instructional buildings, with the capacity to serve as many as 7,000 students. Curriculum (for-credit) programs will include College/University Transfer, as well as Global Logistics, Business Administration, Business Analytics, Networking, Information Technology, and more. The RTP Campus will house Wake Tech’s Corporate Solutions Division and provide non-credit biotechnology training.
The RTP Campus will be a modern campus that is innovative and adaptable, to provide a next-generation learning environment to individuals and corporations in western Wake County and the Research Triangle Park.
- Establish a modern campus for a diverse population of lifelong learners
- Create a high-technology environment
- Make the campus itself a learning lab with exposed servers, biology studies at the campus pond, engineering in the energy plant, etc.
- Prepare learners for employment and future workplace interactions
- Focus on the needs of the workforce
- Tailor curricula and training programs to RTP companies
- Strive for low-cost/high-quality solutions
Phase 1: Construction Overview
- Classroom/administration building, 3½ stories, approximately 125,000 sf
- 42-acre site to include building, 720 surface parking spaces, vehicular drives, open spaces, and landscaping
- Road improvements to Highway 54
- Paving of Watkins Road leading to campus
- Connector road to shopping center on Carrington Mill
- Designer: Perkins+Will
- Construction Manager: Clancy-Theys/Holt Bros.
Phase 1: Instruction/Training/Support
College Credit Programs
|Schematic Design||April 2015|
|Design Development||April-July 2015|
|Building Construction Drawings||February 2016|
|Ground Breaking||April 2016|
|Construction Complete||June 2017|
|Open for Fall Semester||August 2017|
Sr. Vice President for Enrollment and Student Services
Campus Officer - RTP Campus