Office of Volunteerism & Leadership
The Office of Volunteerism and (Student) Leadership (OVAL) was established to help students develop the knowledge and skills to serve their communities; to provide them with service opportunities; and to encourage them to become active local and global leaders. OVAL provides leadership training and service experiences in support of Wake Tech’s core values of accountability, respect, responsibility, and collaboration.
OVAL’s vision is to create an infrastructure that will raise awareness of the critical needs of the community; promote collective responsibility; and cultivate lifetime leadership, learning, and activism for positive social change.
- Special thanks to students, faculty and staff for helping us exceed our goal! Because of your generosity the American Red Cross was able to collect 31 units of blood.
- OVAL kicked off Read and Feed at Peach Road Community Center with 12 volunteers. (We are still accepting volunteers!)
- NSLS Speaker Series began with Kevin Bracy, Common and Robert Stevenson; it will be re-broadcast on November 9.
- Volunteers logged in 150+ hours of service!
- 13 students and staff dedicated 91 hours of service to rebuild the playground at Peach Road Community Center
- OVAL welcomed Mariel Steinbeiser as our new Assistant Coordinator
- National Society of Leadership and Success welcomed 197 new pending members