Bilingual Courses - Taught in English & Spanish
Course Details & Registration Information
|Section||Location||Begin Date||End Date||Instructor||Price||Seats Available/Total Seats|
|11/29/2017||03/13/2018||M. Leija Santos||$206.00||0/18|
This course will be taught in Spanish. Este curso se enseña en español.
- learn to safely and competently apply concepts of all phases of Cosmetology in a salon settings.
- learn to accurately select and use appropriate commercial products on customers' and skin.
- learn to demonstrate proper professional hygiene, grooming, and attitude.
- learn to perform and thrive in a multicultural diverse environment.
- learn to demonstrate mastery of manipulative skills.
- learn how to successfully take the NC State Board of Cosmetic Art Board theory and practical exams.
- learn how to achieve gainful employment in the Cosmetology industry.
- Lesson 1: Theory Concepts
History and Career Opportunities
Lesson1: Practical Application
Intro to Cosmetology
- Lesson 2: Theory Concepts
Your professional Image
Communicating for Success
Lesson 2: Practical Application
How to hold implements
Sectioning for zero degree and blunt haircut
- Lesson 3: Theory Concepts
Properties of the Hair and Scalp
Lesson 3: Practical Application
Sectioning for spiral and piggyback perm wrap
Perm rollers and placement
- Lesson 4: Theory Concepts
Properties of the Hair and Scalp continued
Lesson 4: Practical Application
Twisting Concepts Student practice
- Lesson 5: Theory Concepts
Principles of Hair Design
Shampooing/Rinsing and Conditioning
Lesson 5: Practical Applications
Sectioning for a basic haircut
- Lesson 6: Theory Concepts
Lesson 6: Practical Application
Zero degree haircut
- Lesson 7: Theory Concepts
Lesson 7: Practical Application
Up do styling
Timed student practice
- Lesson 8: Theory Concepts
Lesson 8: Practical Application
Basic roller set and bases
Sectioning /basic perm wrap
Discuss roller size, partings, end papers test curls, and rod placement
- Lesson 9: Theory Concepts
Lesson 9: Practical Application
Blow dry styling
Round brush styling
Pressing and curling
- Lesson 10: Theory Concepts
Lesson 10: Practical Application
Eyebrow tweezing and waxing
- Lesson 11: Theory Concepts
Lesson 11: Practical Application
Eyebrow tweezing and waxing
- Lesson 12: Theory Concepts
Lesson 12: Practical Application
Intro /Relaxer applications
- Lesson 13: Theory Concepts
Lesson 13: Practical Application
Intro/Hair color application
- Lesson 14: Theory Concepts
Lesson 14: Practical Application
- Lesson 15: Theory Concepts
Lesson 15: Practical Application
Mock State Board exam
- Lesson 16: Theory Concepts
Final project due
Begin project sheet # 1
Receive assigned station duties
Lesson 16: Practical Application
Students transition to Advanced department
Students practice on live models
- At the end of the training, students will receive a certificate of completion and will be able to register to take the Cosmetology exam.
Students must present either a copy of their High School Diploma, High School Equivalency (GED) or must have passed the Career Readiness Certificate tests with at least Bronze level.
Spanish Milady Cosmetology Theory Workbook
Spanish Milady Cosmetology Exam Review book
- Attendance 95% or above
- Satisfactory completion of assignments and providing salon services with an average grade of 80.
- Continuing Education Cosmetology IV - Advanced - COS-3201H7
- Continuing Education Cosmetology III - Advanced - COS-3201G7
- Bilingual Continuing Education Cosmetology II Intermediate - COS-3201K7
- Bilingual Continuing Education Cosmetology III - Advanced - COS-3201J7
- Barbering I - Introduction - BAR-3100A7