Skills Training for Job Seekers (HRD)
ENHANCE YOUR RESUME, MARKET YOURSELF, EXPLORE A NEW CAREER
HRD (Human Resources Development) courses provide employability skills training and assistance for adults who are trying to find employment, transitioning back into the workforce, or working to redefine their professional niche in today's global market.
Classes are designed to address current needs and trends of the complex and constantly changing workforce.
Course Details & Registration Information
- have gained overall understanding of Direct Care;
- have a strong understanding of skills necessary for working as a Direct Care Worker;
- have explored educational and employment opportunities.
- Welcome, Introductions, and Overview of the Training
- What is Direct Care Work?
- Person-Centered Care and Other Key Concepts of Direct Care
- Coping Skills: Time and Stress Management for Successful Employment
- Communication Skills for Person-Centered Care
- Infection Control
- Body Mechanics
- Safety Issues for the Client and the Worker
- Home Management Skills
- Personal Care Skills and Nutritional Support
- Body Systems and Common Diseases
- Working with the Aging Population
- Working with Clients with Disabilities or Illnesses
- Working with Families
- Responding to Sexual Behavior of the Client
- Boundaries and Ethics in Direct Care Work
- Abuse, Neglect, and Financial Exploitation
- Finding and Keeping a Job in Direct Care Work
- Attendance 80% or above
- Students must meet minimum attendance requirement, complete all assignments, and pass all the required assessments required to receive a Personal Home Care Aide/Direct Care Worker certificate of completion.
- Career Readiness for the Administrative Assistant in a Medical Setting - HRD-3004AU2
- Introduction to Direct Care Work - HRD-3004AY4
- Home Health Aide - NUR-3216A4
- Career Readiness for the Child/Elder Care Provider - HRD-3004AV4