Education & Training
Course Details & Registration Information
- be able to identify and describe the components of an effective language practice activity.
- be able to explain the percentage of time that should be spent on various types of instruction in a language acquisition classroom.
- construct an activity for language practice that is communicative and collaborative in nature.
- be able to demonstrate a basic understanding of how technology can assist with language teaching and learning.
- Assessing ready-made activities for any ESL/EFL class
- Computer/Technology assisted language learning
- Designing effective language practice activities
- Attendance 90% or above
- This is a pass/fail course. Students cannot miss more than 30 minutes of class. Partial attendance will not be accepted. A grade of 80% or higher on the class assignment is required in order to pass the course. Late assignments are not accepted.
- ESL/EFL Instructor
- Methods and Materials for Teaching English As A Second Language - EDU-3002F3
- Lesson Planning for the ESL Classroom - EDU-3002Z3
- Nuts and Bolts of Teaching Grammar - EDU-3002M3
- Pronunciation - EDU-3002E3
- Culture - EDU-3002J3
- Language Acquisition and Adult Learners - EDU-3002C2
- Beginning Literacy for the ESL Classroom - SEF-3001BN2