Center for Entrepreneurship
The nine-year partnership between Wake Tech and Wells Fargo Bank has provided hundreds of entrepreneurs with training on how to start and grow a business, sales, and social media. We are constantly adding to our offerings, based on the needs and feedback of current and aspiring business owners in Wake County.
Course Details & Registration Information
- Learn what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur.
- Understand how to conduct market research and test the feasibility of a business or idea.
- Learn how to write a good business plan that contains all of the necessary elements.
- Learn how to market and fund a business.
- Understand what local and national resources are available to help build and manage a successful business.
- Assess your own ability as an entrepreneur.
- Evaluate the feasibility of your business idea.
- Align personal goals with your business idea.
- Create organizing and marketing strategies.
- Explore pricing for your product or service.
- Develop capital needs & sound financial statements.
- Research, develop, and write a comprehensive plan for your business.
Comfortable using the internet.
Easy access to a computer.
- Attendance 80% or above
Veterans Entrepreneurship Advantage (VEA):
An eight week, 24-hour intensive course for veterans, active-duty military, and military spouses who are current or aspiring small business owners. The course is taught by experienced veteran business consultants.
This program supports entrepreneurship in Southeast Raleigh by providing training, mentoring, networking, and access to capital. Participants are accepted through a competitive application and interview process.
LaunchRALEIGH – Wake Tech Student Edition:
This 16-week, certificate program allows all students (especially those who live in the 27610/01/03 zip codes in Raleigh) at Wake Tech to receive intensive entrepreneurship training at no cost or just a nominal meal cost.
‘Time for Business’ Speaker Series
Aimed at established businesses in growth mode, this series features thought leaders and successful entrepreneurs.
Top Ten – Technology Tools for Small Business Owners and Entrepreneurs. (coming soon)
Women’s Tech Entrepreneurship College: A focused program for women with business and product ideas that are based on information technology.