Center for Entrepreneurship
The nine-year partnership between Wake Tech and Wells Fargo Bank has provided hundreds of entrepreneurs with training on how to start and grow a business, sales, and social media. We are constantly adding to our offerings, based on the needs and feedback of current and aspiring business owners in Wake County.
Course Details & Registration Information
- Understand sales as a business discipline
- Know how sales and marketing interact in the client/customer acquisition process
- Learn the steps in the logical sales process
- Learn and practice effective sales techniques
- Know yourself and your selling style
- Know your market/product
- Identifying relevant decision makers
- Getting past gatekeepers and gaining appointments
- What are the most effective sales techniques
- How to successfullly use effective sales techniques
- Establishing rapport with the client
- Analyzing client needs
- Overcoming objections
- Building and maintaining ongoing relationships with clients
- Attendance 95% or above
Veterans Entrepreneurship Advantage (VEA):
An eight week, 24-hour intensive course for veterans, active-duty military, and military spouses who are current or aspiring small business owners. The course is taught by experienced veteran business consultants.
This program supports entrepreneurship in Southeast Raleigh by providing training, mentoring, networking, and access to capital. Participants are accepted through a competitive application and interview process.
LaunchRALEIGH – Wake Tech Student Edition:
This 16-week, certificate program allows all students (especially those who live in the 27610/01/03 zip codes in Raleigh) at Wake Tech to receive intensive entrepreneurship training at no cost or just a nominal meal cost.
‘Time for Business’ Speaker Series
Aimed at established businesses in growth mode, this series features thought leaders and successful entrepreneurs.
Top Ten – Technology Tools for Small Business Owners and Entrepreneurs. (coming soon)
Women’s Tech Entrepreneurship College: A focused program for women with business and product ideas that are based on information technology.