Center for Entrepreneurship
The nine-year partnership between Wake Tech and Wells Fargo Bank has provided hundreds of entrepreneurs with training on how to start and grow a business, sales, and social media. We are constantly adding to our offerings, based on the needs and feedback of current and aspiring business owners in Wake County.
Course Details & Registration Information
- What does it take to be a successful entrepreneur.
- What are the elements of a good business plan and how do you write them.
- How to conduct market research and test the feasibility of your business or idea.
- How do you market and fund your business ?
- What resources are available specifically for veterans to help you start and run a successful business.
- How has your military experience made you uniquely prepared to pursue entrepreneurship.
- Introduction to entrepreneurship
- Feasibility of business & personal goals
- Marketing planning and target markets
- New entity organization, legal status, and team
- Startup costs and financials
- Pricing and cash flow
- Research, develop, and write comprehensive business plans (and how this is an ongoing process)
- Veterans resources networking and funding.
- How to pitch your business.
- Presentations to class members.
Comfortable using email and the MS Office Suite of products
A business idea
- Attendance 90% or above
Veterans Entrepreneurship Advantage (VEA):
An eight week, 24-hour intensive course for veterans, active-duty military, and military spouses who are current or aspiring small business owners. The course is taught by experienced veteran business consultants.
This program supports entrepreneurship in Southeast Raleigh by providing training, mentoring, networking, and access to capital. Participants are accepted through a competitive application and interview process.
LaunchRALEIGH – Wake Tech Student Edition:
This 16-week, certificate program allows all students (especially those who live in the 27610/01/03 zip codes in Raleigh) at Wake Tech to receive intensive entrepreneurship training at no cost or just a nominal meal cost.
‘Time for Business’ Speaker Series
Aimed at established businesses in growth mode, this series features thought leaders and successful entrepreneurs.
Top Ten – Technology Tools for Small Business Owners and Entrepreneurs. (coming soon)
Women’s Tech Entrepreneurship College: A focused program for women with business and product ideas that are based on information technology.