College/University Transfer: AA-AS-AE

Wake Tech’s College/University Transfer programs are designed for students who wish to earn an associate’s degree and transfer to a four-year college or university to complete a bachelor’s degree. The programs offer general education courses as well as elective courses in areas of interest.

Degrees awarded through the College/University Transfer program include:

The Associate in Arts degree is designed for students who want to pursue a bachelor’s degree in one of the liberal arts disciplines – accounting, business administration, art, criminal justice, elementary education, English, history, nursing, political science, psychology, social work, sociology, and many others – or training at a professional school that requires a strong liberal arts background. These programs typically have fewer mathematics and science requirements than the AS.

Wake Tech’s AFA in Visual Arts Program prepares students for professional practice or the pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in any area of visual art or design [studio art, graphic design, art education, art history]. Completion of the AFA degree fulfills freshman and sophomore year requirements and allows students to claim junior status when transferring to participating four-year institutions.

The Associate in Science is designed for students who want to pursue a bachelor’s degree in agriculture, animal science, biology, chemistry, computer science, food science, forestry, mathematics, pharmaceutical science, physics, pre-dental, pre-medical, pre-pharmacy, or many others – or training in professional programs that require a strong mathematics and science background.

The Associate in Arts and Associate in Science programs are part of the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA), which governs the transfer of students between institutions in the North Carolina Community College System and the University of North Carolina System. The CAA allows graduates of two-year associate’s degree programs who are admitted to constituent UNC institutions to transfer with up to 60 credits, which could confer junior status. The CAA does not guarantee admission to a specific university.

The Associate in Engineering is designed for students who intend to transfer to one of the UNC System universities offering bachelor’s degrees in engineering disciplines. The transfer agreement for this program is titled the Uniform Articulation Agreement.

This Associate in Engineering to Bachelor of Science in Engineering Articulation Agreement (AE to BSE AA) is between the State Board of North Carolina Community Colleges and The University of North Carolina Board of Governors. It applies to all NC community colleges that operate the AE program and to UNC constituent institutions (ECU, NC A&T, NCSU, UNC-Charlotte, and Western Carolina.)