Information Sessions are mandatory for enrollment into the Lateral Entry Certificate program. Due to the large number of people interested in these programs, we are unable to schedule an individual appointment to review program information and admissions requirements until after you have attended an information session. These sessions have been developed to provide you with current and comprehensive information. During these sessions, you will learn about qualifying for lateral entry teaching, our partnership with NCSU, the application process, course schedules, financial aid, and much more.
Please Note the Following Items:
- Driving directions and campus maps can be found here.
- Information Sessions are planned and scheduled for specific dates and times each semester. Once the Information Session has been filled, the dates will be removed. If there are currently no information sessions scheduled, you will need to keep checking back until new dates have been added.
- All sessions will begin on time. LATECOMERS to any session will NOT be admitted. Parking is limited, so be sure to arrive early, giving yourself ample time to get to the Information Session. Information sessions last approximately 1 to 1.5 hours.
- An Information Session must be attended before an application can be processed. Children are not permitted in the information sessions due to liability issues.
- Information sessions are NOT required for teachers with a current lateral entry license that have a Plan of Study and who do not need to take all nine of the general pedagogy classes. Please contact us at [email protected] for instructions on how to register for classes.
All fields are required.