Healthcare Simulation Technology
Healthcare Simulation Technicians (SIM-Techs) are trained to set up, operate, and manipulate patient manikins, multimedia systems, and computer programs for the production of realistic simulations that replicate medical conditions found in modern health care. Our SIM-Tech students learn through concentrated classroom, laboratory, and scenario-based training. Heavy emphasis is placed on communication skills, high-fidelity manikin operations, and maintenance, and scenario development from initial storyboarding to production.
Perry Health Sciences Admissions
All applicants must complete the following requirements:
- Complete the NC Residency Determination Interview.
A residency determination will be provided within 3 business days of completion. For more information regarding residency, visit: https://ncresidency.cfnc.org/
- Complete the Wake Tech Community College Application for Admission.
- Provide official transcripts (in a sealed envelope) of ALL previous education, including high school or GED scores and college transcripts if applicable. Applications will not be processed until ALL transcripts have been received. Applicants can send a Request for High School or Prior College Transcript form to schools they have attended and have their transcripts sent directly to Wake Tech. Faxed or opened transcripts are not official and will not be accepted. High school transcripts must be complete and must show the date of graduation. Applicants may call the Student Information Center at 919-866-5500 to see if transcripts have been received.
- Apply for Financial Aid and Veterans benefits. Students applying for financial aid must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submit all supporting documents to make sure their request can be processed in time for the start of the semester. Be sure to include the Wake Tech school code: 004844.
- Take the placement test. Schedule and prepare for the test at the Testing Center website. Students who meet certain requirements may be exempt from testing. You may read about the exemptions from the placement test at the Testing Center website.
- Demonstrate chemistry proficiency. The chemistry proficiency requirement may be satisfied by completing ONE of the following: a college-level basic chemistry course from a U.S. regionally-accredited institution with a grade of “C” or better; or one unit of a high school chemistry course with a grade of “C” or better; or CHM 090 (Chemistry Concepts) or an equivalent CHM 090 with a grade of “C” or better; or the CheMOOC.
- Once all admissions requirements have been met, submit a Clinical Application to a Health Sciences advisor to be considered eligible for the Healthcare Simulation Technology program.
- Admission into Healthcare Simulation Technology classes is on a first-come, first-served basis. The program begins in the fall semester.
- Once admitted into the Healthcare Simulation Technology classes, students are required to attend a mandatory departmental orientation.
Note: Wake Tech Community College is continuously evaluating admissions procedures and reserves the right to make changes as necessary.