Healthcare Simulation Technology
This curriculum is designed to prepare individuals to teach, remediate, and evaluate healthcare providers using different forms of healthcare simulation. Course work includes the day-to-day operations of a multidisciplinary healthcare simulation lab. Students will learn how to operate low, mid, and high-fidelity simulation mannequins, various task trainers, audiovisual tools used in simulation and managing standardized patient programs. Graduates of the Healthcare Simulation Technology program will be eligible for employment opportunities at hospitals, public and private educational institutions, emergency medical services agencies, and simulation centers. Qualifying graduates may be eligible to take the national Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) exam.
Perry Health Sciences Admissions
All applicants must complete the following requirements:
- Complete the NC Residency Determination Interview.
A residency determination will be provided within 3 business days of completion. For more information regarding residency, visit: https://ncresidency.cfnc.org/
- Complete the Wake Tech Community College Application for Admission.
Request official transcript(s) from high school, or high school equivalency, and previous college(s). Transcripts may be sent electronically to [email protected]. Once received, your file will be reviewed for admissions and course placement.
In order for your college transcripts to be evaluated, you must be an accepted student. It is the student's responsibility to follow up with Student Records for transfer credit. If you have a question regarding your transfer credits, please visit the following link: https://www.waketech.edu/student-services/registration-and-records/registration/transfer-credit
- Apply for Financial Aid and Veterans benefits. Students applying for financial aid must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submit all supporting documents to make sure their request can be processed in time for the start of the semester. Be sure to include the Wake Tech school code: 004844.
- Demonstrate chemistry proficiency. The chemistry proficiency requirement may be satisfied by completing ONE of the following: a college-level basic chemistry course from a U.S. regionally-accredited institution with a grade of “C” or better; or one unit of a high school chemistry course with a grade of “C” or better; or CHM 090 (Chemistry Concepts) or an equivalent CHM 090 with a grade of “C” or better; or the CheMOOC.
- Once all admissions requirements have been met, submit a Clinical Application to an Admissions and Academic Advisor at the Perry Health Sciences Campus to be considered eligible for the Healthcare Simulation Technology program. Please email your filled clinical application to the Perry Health Sciences Campus Admissions and Academic advisors at [email protected]. The clinical application deadline is May 15 for Fall entry.
- Admission into Healthcare Simulation Technology classes is on a first-come, first-served basis. The program begins in the fall semester.
- Once admitted into the Healthcare Simulation Technology classes, students are required to attend a mandatory departmental orientation.
Note: Wake Tech Community College is continuously evaluating admissions procedures and reserves the right to make changes as necessary.