Financial Aid Refunds
2015/2016 REFUND SCHEDULE
- Funds will be released to Higher One** for disbursement approximately noon on the scheduled date. The ACTUAL date that you will receive your refund is based on your designated refund preference:
- Deposit to a Higher One checking account. Money in 1 to 2 business days.
- Deposit to another account. Money in 2 to 3 business days.
- Paper check. Money in 5 to 7 business days
- If you do not activate your refund preference your funds may be delayed up to two weeks.
- Please understand that if you submitted your paperwork after the semester priority deadline your file may not be processed by the first refund distribution date of the semester.
With few exceptions, we process in date order.
|If funds are awarded and Master Promissory Note, Entrance Loan Counseling and , Terms and Conditions successfully completed by:||Funds will be released:|
***Denotes when students receive disbursement for mini-mester classes. Payment for mini-mester courses does not occur until we verify class attendance.
|If funds are awarded and Master Promissory Note, Entrance Loan Counseling , and Terms and Conditions successfully completed by:||
Funds will be released:
|If funds are awarded and Master Promissory Note, Entrance Loan Counseling , Terms and Conditions successfully completed by:||
Funds will be released:
If you are taking courses in a combination of sessions that include the second eight week term your financial aid will in most instances be paid in two disbursements.
What do I need to do? Attend class and maintain your completion rate and GPA so that you do not lose your financial aid.
Reminders: In order to receive a refund check we must receive your funds from the funding source by the date specified. If you are awarded a Direct Loan you must complete your master promissory note, entrance loan counseling, and Terms and Conditions before funds are released. Additionally, you must be enrolled for at least six credit hours when your funds are disbursed.
The Financial Aid Office does reserve the right to request an attendance verification form when there is conflicting information regarding a student’s attendance.
**We will do our best to issue the checks on the dates listed above. However, we reserve the right to change dates if it becomes necessary due to workflows in the Accounting Office or Financial Aid Office. If it is necessary to adjust the dates it should not vary by more than a 1 or 2 days.
**Wake Tech is partnering with Higher One® to bring a new method for Wake Tech students to receive financial aid refunds the My Wake Tech Card program. Our partnership with Higher One ensures faster delivery of the refund money we may have for you; and smarter ways to manage that money.
If you have applied for financial aid, look for the bright green envelope from Higher One in the mail! Once it arrives, you’ll simply use the card inside to let us know how you’d like to receive your money. Just go to www.mywaketechcard.com. Cards for new fall students should begin arriving mid-August. Cards for new spring students should begin arriving mid-January.