Adult Basic Education Transitional Opportunities for Post-Secondary Success (ABE TOPS)
ABE TOPS is designed for adult students who have an intellectual disability or those who need continued support in functional academics. It is ideal for students who want to achieve a higher level of independence by focusing on academic, social, vocational and life skills needed to fulfill their goals.
Improve your Academics
Classes are taught from the following content standards using contextualized teaching practices:
- Vocational Education
- Life Skills
Training for a Career
Career Pathways classes are offered through a partnership with Wake Tech Workforce Continuing Education. These pathways give students the necessary skills to gain competitive employment.
Career Pathways Offered
- Hospitality & Tourism (Formerly known as the START Hospitality Program) - an intensive course where students have the opportunity to earn up to 5 nationally recognized certificates. This nine month class will be fall 2017.
- Pet Retail and Beyond - April 2017
- Landscaping - April 2017
- Housekeeping & Beyond - February 2017
Contact Julia Tennant at 919-334-1545 or [email protected] for more information about career pathways.
Get started with ABE TOPS
Attend an information session held on the first Wednesday of each month at 4:30pm at the Beltline Center located at 3200 Bush Street, Raleigh NC 27609
For more information
Contact Julia Tennant at 919-334-1545 or [email protected]
- 1st Quarter Ends: March 23, 2017
- 2nd Quarter Begins: April 3rd, 2017
- 2nd Quarter Ends: June 15th
- 3rd Quarter Begins: July 10, 2017
- 3rd Quarter Ends: August 31, 2017
- 4th Quarter Begins: September 13, 2017
- 4th Quarter Ends: December 7, 2017
Days Off: May 29, Nov 22 & 23