Explore a career in the automotive industry, enhance your skills, or start your own business.
Automotive Detailing Certification | Course Deatils & Registraton Info | Contact Coordinator
Learn how to professionally clean an automobile and prepare for auto detailing jobs available in the area! Become trained in basic detailing, including the fundamentals of engine detailing, interior and exterior cleaning, and waxing and buffing techniques. Students also learn the proper use of chemicals and tools, how to recognize problems, how to estimate cost and time requirements, and much more.
Auto dealers’ 12-hour pre-licensure training | Register | Contact Coordinator
This course provides the 12 hours of training required for a used motor vehicle dealer’s license. This is a DMV standard set to ensure compliance with General Statute 20-288.
Commercial Drivers License Permit preparation (CDL) | Register | Contact Coordinator
Become a part of the growing and exciting industry of truck driving! Trucks carry nearly all consumer goods at some point. This course covers the basics and the core competencies necessary to pass the written exam to obtain a Commercial Driver's License Permit.
Motorcycle Safety Foundation Classes
Basic Rider Course | Register | Contact Coordinator
Develop physical and mental skills and learn strategies for becoming a safe and responsible rider. Learn motorcycle control skills: clutch, straight line riding, stopping, and many others. Find out how to minimize risks and ride safely on quiet roads and busy streets. This is a Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) course; successful students will receive endorsement cards and will not have to take the riding portion of the DMV test.
- Basic rider students must bring the following equipment to class: Full-fingered gloves, over-the-ankle footwear, long sleeves, long pants, and eye protection (sunglasses, eye glasses, goggles, or face shield).
- Wake Tech will provide the motorcycle and helmet for the basic rider classes. Bring a DOT-approved helmet if you have one. We will provide helmets, but it is best to use your own.
Experienced Rider Course | Register | Contact Coordinator
This Motorcycle Safety Foundation course is designed for riders who already have a license (or learner's permit) and ride frequently. Learn street-riding strategies and reinforce important knowledge of traction, cornering, and counter steering.
- Experienced rider students must provide their own motorcycle.
- Bring the following items to class: full-fingered gloves, over-the-ankle footwear, long sleeves, long pants, eye protection (sunglasses, eye glasses, goggles, or face shield), and a DOT-approved helmet.
- A valid driver's license with a motorcycle endorsement or learner's permit and proof of insurance are required.
NC Auto Inspection Certification | Register | Contact Coordinator
If you perform motor vehicle safety and OBD emissions inspections, Wake Tech offers an 8-hour Initial Safety certification class, an 8-hour Initial OBD Emissions certification class, and a 8-hour recertification class for safety and OBD.
These classes are designed for those who are looking to become Auto Inspection Mechanics or who are looking for Recertification as Auto Inspection Mechanics. New Inspection Mechanics are expected to have good automotive knowledge and experience, they need to register for and pass both Initial Safety class and Initial OBD II class, in this order. All inspection classes are 8 hours each per NC DMV.