Review the objectives covered on a variety of computer technology certification exams.
Search the online schedule of classes for currently available classes.
Computer Technology Certifications
- Amazon Certifications | Contact Coordinator
- Through our online partner, Global Knowledge, Wake Tech offers a variety of Amazon Web Services courses, including topics on Architecting, Developing, Essentials, Operations, and Specialty Courses.
- AutoDesk AutoCAD exam prep | Register
- Prepare for AutoDesk's AutoCAD Certification Exam while building a portfolio of drawings that will highlight your skills for prospective employers. This course recaps the vocabulary, concepts, techniques, and procedures presented in AutoCAD and AutoCAD 3D, emphasizing real-world applications to facilitate a functional understanding of the software. You will be assigned projects in which you will design, develop, and produce 3D solid models, including 2D detail drawings with proper dimensioning and accurate scale factors. Upon completion of this course, you should be prepared for the AutoDesk AutoCad Certification Exam.
- C# Programming | Register
- C# (C-Sharp) is a simple but powerful object-oriented programming language that is easier to learn and appropriate for first-time programmers. Use C# code to create applications across the Microsoft .NET framework. Increase your skill level by using collections with LINQ (Language Integrated Query). Learn to write handlers for acting on the users' actions using GUI components.
- C++ Certification Prep | Register
- C++ is a powerful and flexible programming language that allows the user to build web applications using the Microsoft Windows .NET platform. Learn the constructs of the language while working on a programming project that will give you plenty of hands-on exercises. C++ is object oriented and generic, and it has universal appeal.
- CIW Web Certifications | Contact Coordinator
- Internet & Core Computing (IC3) | Contact Coordinator
- Intuit QuickBooks Certified User | Contact Coordinator
- ITIL Certifications | Contact Coordinator
- Through our online partner, Global Knowledge, Wake Tech offers a variety of ITIL courses, including foundational, intermediate, and expert program training
- Juniper Certifications | Contact Coordinator
- Through our online partner, Global Knowledge, Wake Tech offers a variety of Juniper courses, including Certification Preparation, Routing and Switching, Security, and Service Provider training
- Microsoft Office Excel 2013 Certification | Register
- Gain an extensive and thorough training in Excel 2013. The course covers introductory through advanced topics as well as competencies needed in the workplace. It is ideal for the computer user who wants to take the Microsoft Office Specialist Excel 2013 exam for certification.
- Microsoft Technology Associate | Register
- This course focuses on the Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Certification using Windows Server 2008 R2. The course covers the steps required to install and configure device drivers, files, print services, application servers, and Web services. Students will learn the various Server Installation options, Server Virtualization, and the Active Directory Infrastructure. In addition, students will establish Accounts, Groups, Organization Units, Containers and much more. Upon completion of this course, students should be prepared to pass the MTA Server Exam 98-365.
- Red Hat Certification | Contact Coordinator
- Through our online partner, Global Knowledge, Wake Tech offers a variety of Red Hat courses including Cloud Computing, JBoss, RHCA, RHCE, RHCSA, and RHCVA training
- Salesforce Certifications | Contact Coordinator
- Through our online partner, Global Knowledge, Wake Tech offers a variety of Salesforce courses including those for Administrators, Developers, End Users, and Technical Architects
- VMWare Certifications | Contact Coordinator
- Through our online partner, Global Knowledge, Wake Tech offers a variety of VMWare courses including those for Cloud Application Platforms, Data Center & Cloud Management, Data Center Virtualization & Cloud Infrastructure, and Desktop Virtualization
Cisco Certification Prep
- CCENT (Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician) | Register
- The Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) credential verifies entry-level skills in installing, operating, and troubleshooting a small network and provides certification for a career in networking. This course covers basic routing and switching fundamentals, routing protocols, IOS basics, network address translation, access lists, IP addressing, and other aspects of configuring simple networks. Participants will use Cisco equipment and network simulation software to gain hands-on experience. Upon completion, participants should be prepared to pass the CCENT (100-101 ICND1) exam.
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) | Register
- This course, for entry-level network engineers, covers routing and switching, network administration, and troubleshooting for various networks. Participants should be able to demonstrate with confidence the ability to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-sized routers, switches, and networks. The course focuses on preparation for the CCNA Routing and Switching exam (200-120 CCNA or 100-101 ICND1, and 200-101 ICND2).
- CCNA Security | Contact Coordinator
Wake Tech is a proud Academy Partner of CompTIA - the voice of Information Technology
- A+ | Register
Certifications Prep Class 1: This exam prep course focuses on the A+ Essentials Exam, which students must pass to get an A+ Certification. This prep course covers the hardware component of the exam. Topics include fundamental identification of hardware components of the personal computer, basic diagnostic and troubleshooting procedures, and much more.
Certification Prep Class 2: This exam prep course focuses on the Operating System Technologies part of the A+ Essentials Exam, which students must pass to get an A+ Certification. The course covers the concepts of operating systems and includes the installation, configuration, and diagnostic of problems associated with the Windows operating systems. It also includes the new requirements for networks, printers, scanners, and security that appear on the A+ Essentials exam.
- Health IT Technician | Register
- In partnership with CareerStep, Wake Tech offers this two-part, online course to prepare students for the demands of today's health care office or practice. The program includes front office administration and computer support responsibilities. The online format allows students to study at their own pace and provides access to instructor support by phone, email, and chat throughout the program. Upon completion of both parts, students receive a voucher to take the CompTIA A+ industry credential exams (a $360 value), offered by the Computer Technology Industry Association (CompTIA).
- Linux+ | Register
- Prepare to take the Linux+ Certification Exam with this course. The exam covers system architecture, Linux installation and package management, managing databases and email, security, and much more. Certification is a stepping stone to vendor-specific training such as Oracle Certified Associate and Novell SUSE Linux programs.
- Network+ | Register
- This class prepares you to take the CompTIA Network+ Certification exam (N10-004). Students will learn different network topologies and how to troubleshoot them, become familiar with networking devices, understand IP addressing and subnetting, and learn basic routing protocols.
- Security+ | Register
- This course teaches material that maps to all skills and knowledge objectives for the CompTIA Security+ Exam. Students will learn to identify access control and authentication methods, identify services provided by encryption, manage a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and much more. Students will be able to secure remote access and local networking systems by understanding network-based attacks and how to prevent or respond to them.
- Strata IT Fundamentals | Register
- This exam prep course covers all the concepts needed to pass the Strata IT Fundamentals certification exam. Students will learn basic computer hardware components, hardware compatibility issues, software installation and functions, security risks and prevention, preventive maintenance, and green technology concepts. The course is ideal for those preparing to enter the IT workforce as well as professionals changing careers to IT or technology-related fields.
- Information is a critical business asset that depends on protection by competent system administrators experienced in real-world environments and threats. The Computer Network Defense teaches administrators and security professionals how to protect their networked computer systems. The training uses the CyberNEXS platform to provide an immersive training experience with a series of practical “live fire” hands-on labs. Upon completion, students should have increased cyber skills and understand the techniques and technology of cyber defense.
- This course is the most comprehensive review of information security concepts and industry best practices, and covers the eight domains of the official CISSP CBK (Common Body of Knowledge). You will learn about information security and improve your ability to implement and manage security programs for any organization or government entity. You will learn how to determine who or what may have altered data or system information, potentially affecting the integrity of those assets, and match an entity, such as a person or a computer system, with the actions that entity takes against valuable assets, allowing organizations to have a better understanding of the state of their security posture. Policies, concepts, principles, structures, and standards used to establish criteria for the protection of information assets are also covered in this course.
Study concepts of the SAS (Statistical Analysis System) programming language for a working knowledge of the software, including the creation of data sets and the use of various macros to code SAS procedures. SAS provides tools for all sorts of tasks: writing reports, creating graphics, managing projects, creating marketing strategies, entering and retrieving data efficiently, providing statistical information about business processes, and analyzing research. SAS is widely used in academia and commercial research companies.
- SAS Base Programming Certification Prep
- SAS Advanced Programming Certification Prep
- SAS Visual Analytic Introduction
Digital Media Certifications
- Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) Exam Prep
- Illustrator Exam Prep
- Microsoft Office
- InDesign Exam Prep
Looking for other certifications? See a list here.