BioWork Process Technician
BioWork is a 128-hour non-credit certificate course (Workforce Continuing Education) that can lead to an entry-level position as a process technician.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are awarded for this course. BioWork is intended for high school graduates, for those in manufacturing industries who have lost their job, and for those who would like to start a new career.
"Of all the teachers and courses I've taken, I would say that BioWork impacted my life the most. I went from minimum wage to making a great living surrounded by people who actually enjoy coming to work for a company that actually cares."
-Ryan Kennedy, employee at Merck in the filtration suite working with the chicken pox vaccine.
Read Article: Biowork: Short-Term Training, Long-Term Benefits
- Monday, April 18, 2016 9am
- Wednesday, April 20, 2016 6pm
* April 18 & 20, 2016 BioWork Information Sessions are located at Western Wake Campus, Room 118, 3434 Kildaire Farm Rd. Cary, NC
- Tuesday, April 26, 2016 9am
- Wednesday, April 27, 2016 6pm
- Tuesday, July 12, 2016 9am
- Wednesday, July 13, 2016 6pm
*April 26 & 27 and July 12 & 13, 2016 BioWork Information Sessions are located at Western Wake Campus, Room 101, 3434 Kildaire Farm Rd. Cary, NC
Schedule for BioWork Fall 2016 (Western Wake Campus, Cary).
Lecture online last week of class students report to lab, (10/17-thru 10/21/2016)
|7/25/16||10/21/16 Online||M,T,W, Thurs. F
Biowork Program Basics
- Cost: $288 (including books)
- Duration of Course: 12-15 weeks, depending upon section chosen to attend
- Section Options: day, evening, and hybrid distance learning
- Location: Western Wake Campus
- Nine units of study designed by industry and directly related to biopharmaceutical technology
- Hands-on lab and equipment training (25% of course)
- Teamwork and problem solving activities
- Tours of a biopharmaceutical facility and the BioNetwork Capstone Center
- Teaching expertise of industry veterans
- Optional state certification exam for process technicians
- Networking opportunities linked to career-building and job search
- Optional resume support and interview practice
- A link to additional hands-on training provided by the BioNetwork Capstone Center
Before you can register for BioWork, you must:
- Hold a high school diploma or GED
- Attend an information session. Sessions last about an hour; reservations are not required
- Pass a placement test in reading and math. Placement testing occurs directly after information session and takes about 2 hours; testing is free and reservations are not required.
- Pay tuition of $288 (includes the cost of books)
Placement test waiver: Persons with a degree from a US college or those employed for at least 3 months within the pharmaceutical industry may have the placement test waived. Please bring proof of degree, transcript, or employment to the information session. Register online for BioWork
State Certification Exam and Review Courses
Wake Tech offers the State Certification Exam for Process Technicians twice a year (May and December). The exam is voluntary and costs $55. The test is administered by Castle Worldwide; only students that have a BioWork certificate will received scores from Castle. For more information and an application, please visit the Castle Worldwide website. A 16 or 20-hour review course is usually offered through Wake Tech just prior to the exam. Search the online schedule for Review for BioWork Process Technician State Exam to register for the next available review class.
|Process Technician State Certification Exam Schedule|
|6/18/16||9am-1pm||Western Wake Campus||$55|
BioWork Contact Information:
Dr. Michael Morgan
Wake Tech Workforce Continuing Education
Email: [email protected]