Small Business Center
The Wake Tech Small Business Center (SBC) is a state-funded organization which is part of the Small Business Center Network of North Carolina (SBCN). The SBC provides small business owners with information they need for starting or expanding a small business through confidential, one-on-one counseling along with various seminars, workshops, classes, and access to a resource library at zero cost to the participant.
- IRS Small Business Taxes: The Virtual Workshop
- The online course summarizes IRS resources for small business owners using the following media: (1) On the web at IRS.gov, (2) Tax Publications, (3) Videos, and (4) Social Media. The course also provides specific resource information for Recordkeeping and Understanding Gross Business Receipt issues. This is a self-paced course that you will immediately have access to a series of training videos, resources, and tax tips supported by the IRS. There is also a PDF file with links to various other services provided by the IRS.
- Speaker: IRS
- Learn over Lunch Series
Tuesdays from 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. at Wake Tech's Western Wake Campus | Download Flyer
- Oct. 13 | Small Business Resources
- Nov. 10 | Financing Your Small Business
- Dec. 8 | Certification Options
- The Science of Online Marketing: Discover your Formula for Success
- Wednesday, Sept. 16 | 9 - 11 a.m. | at WRAL-TV 2619 Western Blvd, Raleigh | Free seminar, Register now! | Download flyer
- A tour of the WRAL studio will follow the seminar!
- Women in Business: Create Brand YOU with LinkedIn!
Online Entrepreneurship Training (No Charge)
Now available through the Wake Tech SBC, the HP Learning Initiative for Entrepreneurs (HP LIFE) is a global, online program that offers aspiring entrepreneurs and small business-owners, valuable business skills. The NC Small Business Center Network, in partnership with the National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship (NACCE), is pleased to offer this innovative program to NC entrepreneurs and small business owners free of charge! This program is self-paced (do it on your own time), interactive, and full of key strategies and practical exercises. To get started, click here to register.
Free, one-on-one confidential counseling for your existing small business or startup venture. To schedule an appointment, please complete and submit an online Request for Counseling Form and you will be contacted within five business days to schedule an appointment.
SBC Office Hours:
|Tweets by @WakeTechBIZ|