Wake Tech Students Receive Top Honors at Statewide Competition
Phi Beta Lambda Students Bring Home Twenty-three Awards
RALEIGH, N.C. (April 27, 2011) - Wake Technical Community College was well represented at Phi Beta Lambda's State Leadership Conference. Wake Tech students brought home 23 awards, including six first place honors. Phi Beta Lambda is the national academic fraternity for students in business and leadership. Students from 26 college and university chapters from across North Carolina competed in the event. The 57th annual statewide conference took place April 7-9 at the Hilton University Place in Charlotte.
Four Wake Tech students placed first in the state in individual events:
- Hank Cox, Marketing Concepts
- Justin Ficurilli, Impromptu Speaking
- Jason Printzenhoff, Management Concepts
- Fiaunna Shivers, Client Services and Public Speaking
Three Wake Tech students placed second in the state in individual events:
- Hank Cox, Computer Concepts
- Hannah Lewis, Financial Concepts
- Jaime Z. Sandoval, Economic Analysis & Decision Making
Four Wake Tech students placed third in the state in individual events:
- Lorena Aguilar, Information Management
- Terra DeMars, Marketing Concepts
- Brandon Ford, Economic Analysis & Decision Making
- Jameer Logan, Macroeconomics
In addition, Wake Tech earned one team award. The Integrated Marketing Campaign team of Terra DeMars and Joy Richardson placed first in the state.
Eleven Wake Tech students will advance to the nationals in Orlando, Florida in June.