Students Receive Top Honors at Statewide Competition
April 23rd, 2014
Phi Beta Lambda Students Win 13 Awards
RALEIGH, N.C. (April 23, 2014) - Students from Wake Tech Community College won 13 awards at the annual Phi Beta Lambda State Leadership Conference, showcasing their talent with four first place and two second place awards. Several students took home multiple awards. Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) is the national academic organization for students in business and leadership; the 60th annual statewide conference took place April 10-12 at the Hilton University Place in Charlotte. More than 200 students from 28 college and university chapters across North Carolina competed in the event.
Three Wake Tech students placed first in the state in individual events:
- La’ Kia Young, Client Services
- River Norris, Entrepreneurship Concepts and Marketing Analysis & Design
- Evan Friedman, Human Resource Management
Two Wake Tech students placed second in the state in individual events:
- Jason Goodman, Future Business Educator
- Kumar Chandrashekaran, Business Law
Three Wake Tech students placed third in the state in individual events:
- Dishant Patel, Desktop Publishing
- Evan Friedman, Impromptu Speaking
- Kumar Chandrashekaran, Management Concepts
Five Wake Tech students will advance to the nationals in Nashville, Tennessee in June.
In addition, Walter Martin, Wake Tech’s Dean of Business and Public Services Technologies, was named 2014 Advisor of the Year.