Local Employers to Learn About Wake Tech Career Programs
College Plans “Reverse” Career Fair
RALEIGH, N.C. (January 28, 2013) — Local employers are invited to hear about Career Programs at Wake Tech Community College. The first annual Employer Open House takes place Tuesday, February 12, from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in the Student Services Building on Wake Tech’s Main Campus. Employers can stop by any time during those hours to meet department heads, instructors and students in programs of interest to their business.
The following Wake Tech programs will be represented:
- Engineering: electrical, mechanical, manufacturing, industrial, drafting
- Skilled Trades: plumbing, electrical, heating & air conditioning, welding
- Business: accounting, business administration, office administration, medical office administration
- Computing: networking technologies, programming, simulation and game development, database management
- Web and Graphic Technologies: web design, web development, advertising and graphic design
- Service Industries: culinary arts, baking and pastry arts, hospitality management
Local business and industry leaders play an important role in shaping Wake Tech’s Career Programs to ensure that students are well-trained to meet their needs. More than 400 professionals from a variety of industries serve on advisory committees to help keep Wake Tech’s programs relevant and up-to-date.
For more information about the Employer Open House contact Terri Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-5831.