Wake Technical Community College and
NC ACF Culinary Salon
November 26, 2013
Wake Tech Conference Center, Raleigh, NC
Event Registration Closed November 15, 2013
ACF Competition Categories
1) A/SA: Cookery/Platters
2) B/SB: Cookery/Plates
3) C/SC: Cakes, Buffet Platters, Dessert Plates
4) D/SD: Showpieces
5) W/SW - Wild Card Novelty Cake:
May be made of any edible decorating materials, such as fondant, gum paste, buttercream, royal icing, chocolate, marzipan, and/or sugar
- Minimum of three techniques displayed.
- Can be any shape with a maximum display area of 24”x24”.
- Non-edible materials can be used to support each tier and a limited amount of wires can be used for gum paste flowers only.
- No dummy cakes are permitted.
6) W/SW - Wild Card Breads:
Bread display must contain at least four doughs
- 1-lean dough, minimum 2 pieces
- 1-rich dough, minimum 2 pieces
- 1-baker’s choice, minimum 2 pieces
- 1-sourdough, minimum 2 pieces
And minimum four make-up techniques, including
- 1-braid or knot
7) W/SW - Wild Card Entremets:
Prepare one 8” cakes for tasting and display.
Entremets must include at least four of the following components, and must have a glaze and a garnish
- An insert