Special or Visiting Student
A special or visiting student is defined as a student currently enrolled at another college or university who wants to take courses at Wake Tech for transfer to that college or university; a student who needs prerequisite courses to enter a program at another college or university; or a student taking one or more courses for personal interest. Please note that special students are not eligible for financial aid or veterans’ benefits.
Follow these simple steps to get your Wake Tech application underway:
- APPLY FOR ADMISSION - Please enter 'Special Student' (T90990) as your program of study/major.
- ACTIVATE YOUR STUDENT ACCOUNT at my.waketech.edu
- Complete the Special Student Pre-Requisite Approval Form - If you registering for a course with a Wake Tech prerequisite, you must provide official or unofficial transcripts to verify you meet course prerequisites.
To determine if a course has prerequisites:
- Visit webadvisor.waketech.edu (no log-in is necessary)
- Click Future Student
- Click Search for Curriculum Sections
- Indicate the term you wish to search
- Indicate the course subject (ie: ENG) and course number (if known)
- Click Submit
- Click the course title to view that course's prerequisites
The required Special Student Pre-Requisite Course Approval Form and the official/unofficial transcript may be scanned and e-mailed to [email protected] or presented in person at any of the five Wake Tech Campuses (Main, Perry Health Sciences, Western Wake, Northern Wake, or Public Safety Education) to satisfy prerequisite requirements.
Should you choose to submit official transcripts you can download and complete the Request for Transcript form to request transcripts from your college.
Transcripts should be mailed to this address:
Wake Technical Community College
9101 Fayetteville Rd.
Raleigh, NC 27603-5696
In lieu of college transcripts, you may opt to take placement tests to determine placement in appropriate courses. You can schedule and prepare for your placement test at the Testing Center website.
All students attending college for the first time are required to participate in new student orientation. All other new students are strongly encouraged to participate. Wake Tech offers orientation in a traditional, seated format and an online format.
Students taking online classes are required to complete the eLearning Intro Online Learning Readiness Assessment before registering for an online course. More information can be found on the eLearning Intro page.
REGISTER & PAY TUITION -
-Setup and account; then pay for courses via WebAdvisor