Need more information before you apply? Attend one of our GPS (Guiding Prospective Students) sessions! Click the logo or link on the right to sign up for a session today.
Follow these simple steps to get your Wake Tech application underway:
- APPLY FOR ADMISSION
- ACTIVATE YOUR STUDENT ACCOUNT at my.waketech.edu
- FIND OUT ABOUT FINANCIAL AID
- Apply Online and include Wake Tech’s code # 004844
- If you think you may qualify, research the veterans’ benefits
- REQUEST OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS AS REQUIRED BY YOUR PROGRAM
Health Sciences applicants:
Official high school transcript and all college transcripts required
Non Health Sciences applicants:
Official high school transcript required; college transcripts required only if you have
an associate’s degree or higher and want to transfer credit hours or waive the high
school transcript requirement
Special Students: Official or unofficial transcripts should be provided to show the required course prerequisite has been met
All transcripts must be official, sealed documents submitted by your school to:
Wake Tech Admissions
9101 Fayetteville Road
Raleigh NC 27603-5696
Electronic Mail Address:
Applicable High School Equivalency Assessments include General Educational Development (GED), High School Equivalency Test (HiSET), and Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC).
- TAKE THE ACCUPLACER PLACEMENT TEST
- Determine if you are exempt from testing
- Schedule and prepare for your test
- Prepare for the placement test
All students attending college for the first time are required to participate in new student orientation. All other new students are strongly encouraged to participate. Wake Tech offers orientation in a traditional, seated format and an online format. If you are required to complete our First Year Experience program, attendance at a seated orientation session is required. Contact your Advisor or Student Success Counselor for assistance in determining which orientation format is best for you. Sign up to attend new student orientation.
- MEET WITH AN ADVISOR
- View your advisor's contact information
Students taking online classes are required to complete the eLearning Intro Online Learning Readiness Assessment before registering for an online course. More information can be found on the eLearning Intro page.
- REGISTER AND PAY TUITION
- Set up an account; then register and pay for courses via WebAdvisor