Public Safety Education Campus
321 Chapanoke Road
Raleigh, NC 27603
Wake Tech's Public Safety Education Campus (PSEC) is one of the most advanced facilities in the country, with cutting-edge training features that include a high-tech forensics lab, an incident command center, a simunitions room, and a mock courtroom and jail. The campus trains law enforcement and corrections officers, fire and rescue personnel, EMS technicians, and SBI and Homeland Security personnel. It offers Associate in Applied Science degree programs in Criminal Justice and Fire Protection Technology. It also provides short-term training for nursing assistant, hospitality, HVAC, and computer networking. Resources include a library, individualized learning center, and student services office.
- Associate in Applied Science degree programs
- Criminal Justice Technology
- Latent Evidence Technology
- Fire Protection Technology
- Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET)
- Short-term training in computer networking, hospitality, Certified Nursing Assistant, and CPR
- Short-term training in vocational skills such as electrical wiring, plumbing, and HVAC
The PSEC integrates training and education for vital public safety occupations and allows curriculum students the opportunity to learn in a collaborative environment with career professionals.
Our 65,000+ square feet include:
- Forensics lab with the latest technologies
- Incident command center
- Defensive tactics room
- Mock courtroom
- Mock jail with booking and interrogation rooms
- Simunition room
- Labs for nursing assistant training
- Lab for vocational education
- Computer lab
The PSEC is the only facility of its kind in North Carolina to offer these training technologies and components under one roof.
All Wake Tech Campuses feature a library and study areas; an Individualized Learning Center (ILC) for reading, writing, and math tutoring; wireless internet access; a photo ID office; and support services that include admissions, advising, career counseling, disability support, and financial aid.
In addition to these services, the Public Safety Education Campus offers veterans’ services and Student Government Association offices.